Position: Network & Security Support Engineer
Work Location: Bandar Johor Bahru
Employment Type: Contractual
Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure proper network management and configuration in accordance with best practices.
- To be configured and set to ensure critical and bandwidth intensive applications and systems are prioritized and receive an appropriate bandwidth allocation to minimize impact on operations.
- Routing on network equipment to be configured appropriately so as to minimize latency and time out.
- Tracking, monitoring and analysis of bandwidth utilization to understand trends and to address bottlenecks accordingly.
- To ensure proper monitoring systems are in place to track network performances daily.
- To ensure proper alerts and remedial actions to support the required connectivity uptime.
- To ensure enough bandwidth and network resources for new or changes to projects or services.
- To act on alerts or notifications proactively and to address those threats appropriately.
- To ensure that network issues with JLG’s service providers are properly logged, documented, tracked, escalated and resolved.
- To ensure proper documentation on LAN and WAN as well as proposed improvements if applicable.
- To ensure proper communication and liaison with Facility Management team to ensure electrical and other Facility Management services affecting services are addressed accordingly.
- To ensure ICT Security services are provided securely in alignment to best practices.
- To ensure proper security protection and configuration are in place such as antivirus, endpoint protection, anti-malware, VPN and etc.
- Weak and default passwords should not be used.
- Password Management to be implemented appropriately where strong passwords are used.
- Default passwords are prohibited.
- Administrative accounts need to be properly configured and implemented to ensure segregation of roles and access.
- To propose and ensure proactive initiatives in the ever-evolving security environment.
- To be well connected with developments in the ICT security issues, vulnerabilities and technological advance scan be quickly acted upon.
- To track, monitor and ensure all antivirus are updated and critical system and OS patches are implemented appropriately.
- Shared folders and system access to be strictly managed and configured so that unauthorized access is minimized.
- Security and system logs to be analyzed for security breach or attempts.
- To ensure all backend system as well as end user devices are configured with a proper security and anti-virus solutions.
- To ensure hard disk encryption is enabled for all laptops.
- To work closely with Application vendors to ensure security gaps and loopholes are consistently managed across the ICT environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area of study with a preference for Computer Science/Information Systems/IT Security.
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in security engineering and operations support.
- Preferably someone who possess engineering support background.
- Possess excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Detailed oriented and organized when it comes to work.
- Possess problem solving skills and able to work independently and under pressure.
- Willing to learn in depth, to understand and apply new technologies.