Position: Workplace Support Engineer
Work Location: Kulim Hi-Tech Park
Employment Type: Contractual
Roles and Responsibilities
- Movement, Additions and Changes & “Delete” (or “MACD”) which consists of installing and/or removing hardware and Software at the locations within the SOW.
- Analysis and resolution of problems with hardware and software which consists of detect and replace defective hardware components or software problems.
- Coordinate escalation of support to manufacturer or supplier warranty or maintenance services as necessary (e-g., escalation of problems to the hardware manufacturer service, handle all aspects of warranty claims, etc.).
- Supply spare parts for problem resolution also if not in inventory of spare parts.
- Responses to all Clients related consultation and enquiry including coaching users in utilizing standard and non-standard client hardware, software and IT peripherals.
- Deploy new User corporate mobile mail devices hardware and software add-ons or upgrade systems, hardware and / or software.
- Provide IT asset inventory check & update at least once per 3 months.
- Priority / VIP Call Service.
- 1st Level Support for Projectors and Meeting Room Equipment.
- Diploma/Advance Diploma (with 3-5 years of relevant experience) or Bachelor’s degree (with 1-3 years of relevant experience) with emphasis in an IT related field or the equivalent skill and knowledge with 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Familiar with Windows Desktop Operating System and Active Directory.
- A team player that is able to work independently and under pressure.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Monitors, maintains, assist, assigns, responds, resolve and tracks helpdesk requests.
- Maintains a good software and hardware inventory management.
- Proficient in Hardware (PC, Printers & Peripherals) and Software (e.g. OS, Application, etc.) troubleshooting.
- Sharp analytical mind with good trouble-shooting skills.