Position: Head, Project Management Unit
Work location: Mesiniaga Berhad, Subang Jaya
Employment Type: Permanent
Roles and Responsibilities
Project Management Leadership:
- Provide management, leadership, and strategic vision.
- Coordinate with Senior Management to improve/create processes and systems to ensure effective project management and implementation across the organization.
- Direct the activities of the Project Management Unit and determine how team resources should be allocated across projects.
- Provide strong and effective support to program management teams.
- Create training and capacity building process and training modules to promote project management best practices.
- Communicate with Senior Management on successes, issues and lessons learned from implementation and share these across the organization.
- Build a Community of Practice for Good Project Management across the organization involving Project Managers and operations and finance staff.
- Responsible for department P&L.
Project Management Implementation and Compliance:
- Ensure that project implementation is responsive to target communities and partners and aligned with Mesiniaga core values, strategic plan and guiding principles.
- Monitor adherence to grant agreement, policies and procedures and relevant external rules and regulations.
- Serve as primary Project Management support assisting Project Managers deliver successful project implementation and results.
- Guide efficient and effective project start-up and close-down mechanisms.
- Track project annual budgets and forecasts while working with Project Managers to explain variance, and propose and take steps for programmatic course corrections when necessary.
- Review Monthly Project Reports to ensure strong monthly financial oversight.
- Travel to project sites in the field as necessary to assist in project management.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with Customers and project partners.
Project Reporting and Monitoring:
- Establish tools and systems to track project donor reports and deliverables while working with Project Managers to ensure the completion and submission of all required reports.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to respond to request updates and communications plus ensuring that Project Managers are reporting back to Senior Management on a timely basis.
Staff Management, Professional Development and Team Building:
- Create a work atmosphere conducive to professional growth and development of excellent personnel at all levels.
- Promote accountability by conducting staff annual performance reviews with direct supervisees, and ensuring that all staff members are effectively using the performance planning and management system.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Vast project management experience, in a role that requires involvement and understanding of business activities.
- Expert-level knowledge of project and change management, associated methodologies, techniques, processes and approaches (Project and Portfolio Management Methodology – PPM).
- Budgeting management skills.
- Display strategic thinking capabilities, with abilities to juggle multiple goals and deadlines in the context of the big picture.
- Team Leadership & Development: Ability to mentor, coach and effectively transfer expertise to others.
- Facilitation, Negotiation & Problem Resolution Skills: Ability to build a strong network and relationships at executive levels with technology and solutions, customers and vendor groups.
- Ability to identify problems and be effective in problem resolution.
- Ability to make a strategic recommendation to enhance the success of the projects and report to senior management on progress and development of projects with a clear indication of issues risks mitigation and dependencies.